Wednesday, June 13, 2012

GET YOUR BUTT UP AND RUN

Recently a friend of mine expressed that she is feeling unmotivated to workout and eat healthy. We've all been there! I decided to help her out because I'm OH SO GREAT at working out all the time. NOT! Mainly, because I'm at a stage where I could use the motivation myself and we can help hold each other accountable. It is a win-wine situation. haha, did I really just type that?! freudian slip. I wish it was a "win wine" situation, I'd workout everyday of my life!
Anyway, you know what I mean. It is a lot harder to hit snooze and say, "meh, I'll start working out tomorrow," when you have a friend patiently waiting for you at the park. So, a couple times a week we will try to walk or run or go to the gym together. Remember me griping about paying $22 per gym visit, well no longer my friends. I've now knocked it down to 20 bucks an hour. Unfortunately though, my friend texted me this morning saying she had a massive headache. Fine, I'll let it slide this time ;) I debated rolling back over and sleeping for another 45 minutes, but since I was already awake I went for it.
Strap on those Nikes!
And I'm so glad that I did. I need to run at 6:45 in the morning more often. Okay, maybe not too often, because I'm an infant and need 9+ hours of sleep in a day. But, it was so nice outside. This was before it started feeling like a sauna and Country Man was texting me about his butt-sweat.
how romantic.
I actually got to see what a sunrise looks like, its been a long time. 
My conclusion: it looks like a sunset. Yet beautiful nonetheless.
The little lake around my house is a 2.2 mile loop, 
and I was having one of those days where I felt like I could run forever. And by forever I mean twice. 4.4 miles to be exact
Do you ever feel like that? It doesn't happen too often, so when it does I usually try to embrace it, but time didn't allow for it today. 
Maybe it was the tranquility of the lake... or maybe it was Pitbull yelling in my ear, but I was on fire and felt so happy. Is that an oxymoron? Listening to Pitbull while looking out at a tranquil, peaceful lake? I actually took the headphones off for awhile to listen to the sounds of nature. But then I had to drown out my own heavy breathing again, this time with Rihanna. What a way to start the day. Now the question is: will I actually do it again tomorrow? The ducks will be waiting. Well, I hope not, because I might want to sleep in....
Little Mulberry Park: the lake by my house

What motivates you to get up early and workout? Or just to workout in general, at any time? 
workout buddies?
a certain song or playlist?
the view during a nice run?
swimsuit season?
the hottie at the gym?

I'd like to know. And I need more songs to add to my "Run Faster!" playlist. It actually used to say, "Time to Workout you Fat Lard" but I decided self-deprecation wasn't the best form of motivation. Now I promote playlists that say, 
"Ryan Gosling thinks you're sexy and Justin Timberlake likes your moves!"

Have a splendid Wednesday evening!
Earl the Weenie is. He says what's up. 
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry for bailing this morning! but we are ON for tomorrow, headache or no headache! thank you for being my workout buddy :] we'll have to make some playlists and have them going while we walk at the park and workout at the gym. and they should DEFINITELY be called "Ryan Gosling thinks you're sexy and Justin Timberlake likes your moves!" haha

    ReplyDelete