Wednesday, July 18, 2012

COUNTRY MAN MOVED!

Country Man helps contribute to probably about 90% of my country-ness; just by being around him I'm automatically immersed in Southern activities. So, now that he has moved almost three hours away I'm going to have to rely on my own country instincts...this could get interesting.
Luckily I will be talking to him everyday and visiting as much as possible - so don't worry, lessons in Redneck will still be in abundance.
The day before he moved we spent some time together and I suggested that we go fishing. ME, I, suggested it! Aren't you proud? I figured it would be very fitting and also probably make him think I was the coolest girlfriend in the world for suggesting it. And I am of course! just kidding. Okay, occasionally maybe. So we strolled on down to the little pond by my house. 

I lie. 
We did not stroll.

We drove 400 feet and parked right in front of the no-parking at anytime sign.
Hey we followed the rules of resident + one guest. That's a start!

And at least we didn't park directly on the sidewalk. We are so well-behaved!
Onward to the pond!

It is a cute little pond, but I made the mistake of wearing flip flops. Very un-country of me. It had just rained and every step I took I sank into some kind of gushy muddy grassy buggy muck.
I think Country Man and I are past that phase where I pretend that I'm not grossed out by anything, can totally hang in any situation, love dirt and bugs, never complain and am pretty much an all-around badass. 
C'mon guys, you know what phase Im talking about! I'm not the only one who does it! 
Regardless, I can still grab a fishing pole, step in some dirt and throw back a beer...so its not all that bad to care about my pedicure once in awhile. Right? Justification always helps.

So, I carried on with my bright pink fishing pole and went to it.

This is where things start to get reallllly interesting! 

First I took pictures of us...


Then I drew a heart on Caleb's hand...


Then I took a picture of him walking...


Then I took a picture of a flower-plant-thing....


Then there were geese...
Okay I lied again. This was a different day, when I was on a run. I just didn't have an opportunity to show you my geese-friends yet. Now you see. Are you excited yet?

Then I took a picture of some nasty trash in the pond...

THEN...



















we caught nothing....
Maybe I was too distracted by flowers and hearts and geese and unicorns.
Its okay though because it was about 90 degrees and 100% humidity, and I'm allowed to say that because I'm out of the "no complaining, hang with everything" phase :)
Don't you love it?!

XOXO
PS: yesterday Country Man told me he washed his hair with dish soap....

No comments:

Post a Comment